At Laserskin Specialist we understand the importance of looking your best and when it comes to cosmetic improvements, you need the very best professional advice available.
Get the best from the person who trains the rest!
We're very proud to have Dr. Linda Williams visit our clinic to conduct cosmetic injectable treatments and dermal filler injections. She has a vast knowledge and experience of cosmetic medicine, having had her own clinic at Kangaroo Point for 8 years and then moving to Fortitude Valley, where she now operates from.
Dr. Linda is very well regarded in her profession; she trains all the top cosmetic physicians who are injecting dermal fillers in Brisbane and the Gold Coast. Her revolutionary techniques are up-to-date and extremely precise. Dr. Linda has a great understanding of the needs of her clients and uses minor non-invasive procedures to improve their appearance and well being, helping soften lines and reduce the effect of wrinkles.
Dr. Linda's Beautiful Lips
While full, smooth and well-defined lips are viewed as signs of femininity and beauty, not everyone is blessed with naturally beautiful lips. Furthermore, with age and sun exposure, lips usually grow thinner and less well defined.
However, thanks to medical advances, you can now have plump lips in about half an hour. Lip enhancement procedures, where fillers are injected into lips, are a popular choice with our clients.
Ageing affects our internal and external facial structures in different ways:
- Skin Cell Renewal slows, support substances such as collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid decrease, moisture reduces and the effects of sun damage become apparent through irregular complexion.
- Volume depletes as fat and supporting substances such as collagen and hyaluronic acid decrease. Skin becomes thinner and the effects of gravity are evident.
- Muscle: facial muscles decrease in strength and tone, reducing support for surrounding tissues. Combined with a loss of skin elasticity, expression lines that used to bounce back into smooth skin now form static wrinkles.
- Bone: as we age, the supporting structure of our face – its bones – change and create prominences in some areas, while reducing support in others. This can affect fullness and balance of our features.
State of the art filler gels and muscle relaxants are both safe and popular options used to:
- smooth lines
- restore volume
- treat scars
- reverse the appearances of ageing
- reduce excessive sweating
The most common areas of treatment include:
- Frown and forehead
- Lips and mouth
- Cheeks and jowls
- Neck and chest
What is involved in the treatment?
Cosmetic injection therapy is considered a simple walk in/walk out office procedure. A consultation with Dr. Linda Williams allows her to ascertain which areas you would like treated and the best product to use in your case. There are many products available, but essentially, the use of very fine injections are made into the areas to be rejuvenated. A local anaesthetic is sometimes used to decrease the level of discomfort, before and during the procedure. Depending on the desired effect, the initial effect is usually maintained with periodic follow up treatments.
What can you expect from the treatment?
With some forms of cosmetic injection therapy there are no immediate after effects.
Occasionally, very slight redness or swelling can occur immediately after the treatment but this is short-lived and can be easily covered with make-up. Most products will give instant and dramatic results, others may be more effective within the following 3 – 10 days.
Who is a candidate?
Most people can benefit from cosmetic facial injections. Some people have very few facial lines but still like to minimise the actions of frowning and squinting. By limiting these actions they will also slow down the further development of these lines. Other people who have developed facial lines over the years, can have them erased in a matter of days with these simple non-surgical treatments.
The typical areas treated by cosmetic injections include:
- Crow's feet at the corners of the eyes
- Frown lines between the eyebrows
- Worry lines which run horizontally across the forehead
- Deep smile lines which run from the sides of the nose to the corners of the mouth
- Smoker's lines or lipstick bleed lines which run vertically around the mouth
- Marionette lines at the corners of the mouth
- Lip enhancement
As with all of our treatments, a personal consultation based on your requirements will allow us to discuss recommendations for you and to create a personalised plan. Just call us on (07) 5526 9993 and we can schedule a time that suits you.